Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Georgia Southern

Hey y'all...did I pronounce that right?  I just got back from doing a show in Georgia.  To be more specific...South Georgia.  There is a creatively named college there....Georgia Southern.  I bet you didn't see that coming.  Here is a picture
The show was part of their "Day 1" event which is sort of a pep rally/welcome for incoming students.  As part of their welcome we rocked their faces off.  I think both the students and their faces appreciated the fact that we didn't play our full 90 minute set...

Here is something I think is cool.  Their mascot is named Freedom and he looks like this...

Freedom is the one on the top. 

It's a freakin' bald eagle!  I don't care who you are...that's cool.  Here's Freedom with the band and crew.


To summarize...your Monday probably wasn't as cool as my Monday because you didn't get to hang out with a bald eagle.



2 comments:

  1. My Monday was DEFINITELY not as cool as yours. And.

    Thanks for clarifying which one was Freedom. I was so confused and was getting kind of angry that you had changed your name and gotten a job as a school mascot and NOT TOLD US.

    You always make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, that's awesome! We went down to GSU in October to play football, and watching the eagle fly into the stadium was the coolest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete